Botswana Travel Guides
List of the best Botswana travel guides by South African editors as well as popular international publishers:
- GO! Magazine - Botswana Guide
- Weg! Magazine - Botswana Gids (Afrikaans)
- Tracks4Africa - Botswana Self-Drive
The digital and Kindle eBooks can be viewed from any country, and you will need to download the Kindle app for the Kindle eBooks.
Botswana is of course one of the best countries to see Africa's big cats - Lions, Leopards and Cheetahs. If you are lucky you may spot some of the smaller African cats such as the Caracal, Serval and African Wildcat. And if you are extremely fortunate you may get a glimpse of the rare Black-footed Cat that is endemic to southern Africa.
South African Guides
go! & Weg! Botswana Guides
Plan your own trip to Botswana! We show you how with maps (including maps of Maun and Kasane, and parks like Moremi and Chobe) as well as suggestions for accommodation. The guide focuses on the north of Botswana and includes the Caprivi in Namibia and the Vic Falls (on the Zimbabwe and the Zambia side).
In this issue of go! Botswana: 31 Maps - Parks, reserves, important towns;
160+ Places to stay - With contact numbers, rates and GPS co-ordinates plus Vic Falls & Caprivi;
See every single lion in the Kgalagadi transfrontier park;
Meet Megan Claase, wild dog researcher in Moremi;
Explore the untamed corners of Namibia's Zambezi region;
Search for solitude in the Central Kalahari game reserve and Go wild (or mild) in Victoria Falls & Livingstone.
Tracks 4 Africa ~ Botswana Self-Drive Guide
The Tracks 4 Africa guides are written by the combined experiences of a whole community of travellers. They travel far and wide – not by luxury bus or safari vehicle but on their own wheels and this guide is specifically for self-drive travellers.
Contents: General information; Safety and precaution; Trip planning; Navigation; Preparing your vehicle for overland travel; Communication; Border post red tape; Veterinary fences and Foot-and-mouth disease; Health; Pitfalls to renting a 4×4 with camping equipment; Things you should not go without.
Botswana travel regions:
• Central Kalahari
• Eastern Botswana/Tuli
• Hunter’s Road
• Southern Botswana/Gaborone
• Western Botswana/Ghanzi
Botswana is covered at a scale of 1:1million over 27 pages in the atlas section of the book and comes with a convenient atlas key plan for easy access to maps.
Bradt ~ Botswana Safari Guide
Acclaimed by tour operators and travel writers alike, this edition of Bradt's Botswana focuses on the most popular tourist areas of Botswana: the Okavango Delta, Chobe National Park and the Northern Kalahari, and includes a new full-colour wildlife guide, backed up by detailed flora and fauna information for each safari area.
Botswana's wilderness is pristine. The permanent waters of the Okavango Delta attract year-round wildlife, now including all the ‘big five' – the rhinos are back thanks to a successful re-introduction programme. Spreading out from the Delta, Botswana has tremendous variety, from the arid Kalahari to lush, well-watered forest glades and the broad Chobe River. And then there's Botswana's rich history, from the ancient rock paintings at the Tsodilo Hills, to Stone Age arrowheads on the Makgadikgadi Pans.
Written and updated by experts, Bradt's Botswana is the definitive companion to discovering this enchanting destination.
Lonely Planet ~ Botswana & Namibia
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries to help you tailor your trip
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local
- Essential info at your fingertips - opening hours, phone numbers, websites
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, shopping
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience
- Over 60 maps
- Covers Gaborone, Chobe National Park, Etosha National Park, Kalahari, Okavango Delta, Windhoek, Victoria Falls, Fish River Canyon and more
Additional eBook Features:
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps
- Navigate between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experiences
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities
- Embedded links to websites
- Zoom-in on maps and images